Six papers in June 2011 Mindanao Forum
Posted On: March 06, 2012
The Mindanao Forum’s Vol. 24, no. 1 (June 2011) issue is out today.
Featured in this issue are: “Writing Poetry from the Fringes of Globalization” by Victor N. Sugbo, Chair of the Humanities Division of UP Visayas; “A Cultural Dictionary of Meranao” by Sittie Noffaisah B. Pasandalan, CASS faculty and Peace Action Coordinator of the Institute for Peace and Development in Mindanao; “Imaginable as Other: The Representation of Muslims in Zaide and Zaide’s Philippine History and Government and Agoncillo’s History of the Filipino People by Brandon Reilly, a Ph.D. candidate specializing in Philippine, Southeast Asian History at the University of California, Los Angeles; “The Secessionist Movements in Southern Philippines: Prospects and Challenges in Negotiating for the Mindanao Peace Process” by Jamail A. Kamlian, CASS faculty and Institute Secretary; “Protestant Missionary Work in Mindanao: A Short History of the Alliance Church in the Philippines” by Servando Halili, Jr. Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, Ateneo de Zamboanga University; and, “The Higaonon Farm Shifting Cultivation Ritual Practices at Rogongon, Lanao del Norte” by Ma. Cecilia B. Tangian, CASS faculty and Chair, History Department.
The Mindanao Forum (MF), the official Institute journal is a refereed, semi-annual publication devoted to a scholarly discussion of subjects in the arts, humanities, sciences and technology. Its General Editor is Christine Godinez-Ortega.
The next issue of MF for December 2011 and a Special Issue on Marine Biology are currently being processed for printing.
Contributions to the June and December 2012 issues are welcome. These will again be open issues. Please submit your publications to the Editor, c/o the OVCRE, MSU-IIT, tel. 2232343 loc. 113.
Articles with similar tags
- IPAG remounts its dance-drama- musical “Sarimanok”
- Philippine PEN holds 2013 Conference on December 3-4
- Ortega elected Head of NCCA’s National Literary Arts Committee
- Innovation and Techno-preneurship Experts conduct first workshop in MSU-IIT
- Historian Magtolis lectures on local history and on Negros Oriental
- Operation Tabang Visayas
- Briones gives lecture on PDAF
- Cagayan de Oro Rep. Rodriguez is Commencement Speaker in 2013 Mid-Year Graduation
- Indian geologist conducts lecture series on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management in MSU-IIT
- CHEd issues Memo on Wearing of Headscarves